Thursday, June 14, 2012

Let's See What Prayer Can Do...Pt.

We are still praying at Keystone every morning at 8:10. It is a challenge just getting people together, because several of us have already been there for a while and are involved in work. But people are coming and praying, and it is exciting to me. What are the results? I'm not sure yet, it is still early on in this process. I do know my own attitude has improved. And I know that what I feared most during this week - trying to keep up with Joe's stuff while he was on vacation - is going better than I expected. I have to thank God for that, as well as Tracy!

There have been a couple awkward moments. Because we are all so busy, I try to keep the prayer time very brief. So, what happens when there is a customer in shipping and receiving, or like today, one of the bosses is there talking to staff? I have pressed on, praying with those who could participate anyway. Waiting is a bad idea, I can't keep people standing around for 15 minutes before we start. We all have obligations to get to. It's taking more boldness than I really feel I have to do this, but God is helping me.

As far as the personal prayer challenge we started at CAYA 2 weeks ago - to pray for a blessing for 5 people for 5 minutes a day - that one has had a dramatic effect on me, in two areas. One, I had let myself get so self-absorbed during this time of stress that my prayer life almost died. I am once again praying, maybe more than I ever have before. And the prayers are more full of faith, praise, and love, because I am not just whining to God about how wrong everything is.

Another amazing effect is forgiveness. Part of the challenge was that one of these 5 people be someone that hurt us. I have been praying for someone who hurt me deeply a few years ago. I have been asking that God be closer to her than ever before, that she experience true joy, peace and love in His presence. I don't know if that is happening for her or not, but it has certainly changed how I feel when I think of her. There is no more pain or fear or resentment. Only a desire for her to be loved by God. There is no question about it - prayer works!

The 3 of the other 4 people I am praying for seem to be struggling more than they are being blessed. I feel like they are caught in the middle of a battle between me and the enemy. But I know God is going to answer these prayers, He will bring blessings in His time. After all, it is only week 2.

No comments: