Sunday, May 3, 2009

Psalm 32:8-9

8 The Lord says, “I will guide you along the best pathway for your life. I will advise you and watch over you.

9 Do not be like a senseless horse or mule that needs a bit and bridle to keep it under control.”

New Living Translation

 

Having an attitude of humility, a lifestyle of repentance, also means that we are willing to let God lead and direct our lives.  Instead of being stubborn and doing what we want, we will seek God's will.  

I so often do what I want, what I think is best, what I WANT to be right.  I'm learning to let God lead, but it isn't always easy.  So often I'm blinded by my own perceptions.  Oh Lord, please help me to tell the difference between my ideas and Yours!  And then, help me to be willing to follow Your way instead of my own, even if at first I don't want to.

 

No comments: