Sunday, May 3, 2009

Psalm 32:10-11

10 Many sorrows come to the wicked, but unfailing love surrounds those who trust the Lord.

11 So rejoice in the Lord and be glad, all you who obey him! Shout for joy, all you whose hearts are pure!

New Living Translation

 

I don't know about you, but I NEED unfailing love.  I've been hurt over and over by love that is conditional.  When I need love and hope most, it is pulled away from me because I didn't measure up.

God's love is different.  It is a result of His nature, not my behavior.  It will never fail me, it will never be pulled from me because I wasn't good enough.

We trust Him not as a condition to having this love, we trust Him as a result.  When we do that, His love surrounds us, helping us to feel emotionally safe and comforted.  The love is there whether we trust Him or not, but it can only have the effect intended if we will trust it enough to immerse ourselves in it.


No comments: