Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Psalm 139
13 You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body
and knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex!
Your workmanship is marvelous—how well I know it.
15 You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion,
as I was woven together in the dark of the womb.
16 You saw me before I was born.
Every day of my life was recorded in your book.
Every moment was laid out
before a single day had passed.
17 How precious are your thoughts about me, O God.
They cannot be numbered!
18 I can’t even count them;
they outnumber the grains of sand!
And when I wake up,
you are still with me!
23 Search me, O God, and know my heart;
test me and know my anxious thoughts.
24 Point out anything in me that offends you,
and lead me along the path of everlasting life.
New Living Translation

I know I have used this passage before, in a previous entry. But it just seems so appropriate today. This is my 45th birthday. It seems appropriate to remember with awe that I was created by God, a unique individual put together exactly as He saw fit.

His creative energies did not stop with my birth. For the past 45 years, God has been working to guide me, teach me, and mold me into the woman He wants me to be.

It is such an awesome thing, to think that God is so real and active in our lives. What we are becoming matters so very much to Him! We are precious to Him. He thinks about us constantly, and is concerned with all of the tiny details of our lives. He knows that all of those little things adds up to the totality of our character.

Paul says in Philippians 1:6, " And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns." Thank You, Lord, for being so personally involved in my life. That is the greatest birthday gift I could ever receive!

No comments: